02-17-17

Dear Families,

       I am not really sure where the last 3 days went, much less the first 2/3s of the school year.  As I continue to work on grades and get report cards ready, it amazes me how little there is left in the school year and how much more I want to experience with your children.  Report cards are due out on March 3rd.  On March 17th, there is a half day for conferences.  During this conference day, I will not meet with every family.  If you are interested in meeting with me, please email me to let me know. 
       It was another busy week in the classroom.  As the week started, I was a little afraid that our science experiment was a failure, but by the end of the week crystals were growing.  We will look at the jars officially on the Monday after Rodeo Vacation to measure and see which group of children were correct in their predictions.  In science, we finished up our unit on objects in space.  After Rodeo we will start a unit on animals and life cycles.  This will also include insects as well.  I am just getting dates for 4 weeks of Robotics for our class starting in April.  I will let you know the dates next week, but the time will be 9:20 to 10:20.  In writing we wrote how to stories that we are going to publish.  Then we will move on to publishing one more informational story as well.  In reading and writing, we are working on our last couple of digraphs (ph and wh).  Then we will begin to explore the rules of silent e.  While I understand that many students read words with silent e, learning the rules are important as they move toward reading multi-syllable words. 
       Next week is a 3 day week.  There will be NO SCHOOL on Thursday and Friday.  Wednesday there is a Rodeo Lunch.  Our lunch begins at 11:40. Please joins us for lunch and some western dancing!  If your child will be absent because you are leaving early for a vacation, please let me and the office know.

          Have a great weekend!


          Mrs. Berk