12-16-16

Dear Families,

This will be my last newsletter until 2017!  The first semester has flown by.  I have seen so much growth from your children.  They make me laugh each and every day.  I have enjoyed the first semester with your children and I am looking forward to the rest of the year!!
We had another busy week in the Cheetah classroom.  We are currently juggling about 3 projects and trying to complete them before the end of the semester.  The children are very excited to share their books with you next week. Please remember that the Author Celebration is at 1:30 on Tuesday, December 20th.   We have continued with our Robert Munsch author study.  When we read this week, we were looking at what we can learn from the characters in the story.  They have come up with some insightful comments.  They love how silly his books are, but yet they get the big message as well.  We completed our traditions poems.  We will continue to talk about traditions next week.  We will also complete a science experiment or two next week as we continue to look at inquiry.  This week Mr. Franchart, the counselor,  read a great book about cake and cyclops.  Cyclops were the respectful, responsible characters in the books, while the cake was often rude and disrespectful.  As we move forward this year, we will continue to use the cyclops as someone to emulate.
Thank you for sending in pictures.  As you will see next week, the collages they created are absolutely adorable.  I also appreciate the recipes I received.  I am looking forward to trying them all.  You will see the recipe book next week.  If you did not send a recipe in with your child today, you can email it to me by Saturday morning.  I will be working on the book then and will add it to the collection.
Here are a couple of reminders for next week.  We have a regular schedule every day since it is a complete week.  I have heard some children mention that they are leaving early.  Please email me and the office if that is happening.  We always appreciate the heads up.  The children will receive a homework packet this week, although it says it is due the 24th of December, it can be returned after the break.  Please send your child’s folder back early next week.  I am going to work on replacing the ones that are starting to break.  I would like to thank you for all the support you have shown me this year by volunteering, bringing things in to the classroom or sharing fun stories with me.  Sunrise is such a warm community and I really appreciate being a part of this school.  Have a wonderful holiday season and a great weekend!


       Mrs. Berk