Dear First Grade Families,
     We had a fantastic first day.  We started out with art, took a tour of the school, did our Olympic medal count, learned about our friends and the routines of our classroom, picked a class mascot and much more!  I am looking forward to tomorrow and the rest of the year with your children.  The year will be filled with learning and growth!
Some General information (A more detailed policy packet will come out soon):
·      The school opens at 7:40. The children can drop their backpacks and lunch boxes off outside the classroom and then head to the playground.  The classroom door opens at 7:55.
·      Homework will start in a couple weeks.  It will be sent home on Mondays.
·      Volunteers will be welcomed with open arms, but please give us a couple weeks to work on routines and getting to know each other before we open our doors.
·      Please send a written note if you are changing your child’s pick up schedule or picking up for an appointment.  Email will not always get checked in time.  Thank you.
·      We have morning snack time right after recess.  Please send in something for your child.  At this point, I do not believe we have any food allergies we need to be aware of.  If that changes, I will let you know.
·      Birthdays will be acknowledged with a fun classroom activity.
·      Specials: Monday - Music and Spanish, Tuesday – Spanish and P.E., Wednesday – Spanish and Music, Thursday – Art, Friday – Spanish and P.E.  Please send gym shoes on P.E. days.  Our specials are from 8:10 to 9:10.
·      The best way to reach me is by email (I am still trying to figure out my phone!).  I will have a class website up soon and I will let you know when it is up and running.  My email is dberk@cfsd16.org. 

This is going to be a fantastic year.  I am very excited to get to know your children and your family. 

                                           Mrs. Berk